WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoffagainorrhea [me-noff-again-or-rhea]; the condition of the endless traveller

Wednesday on Bute dawned bright and clear.  


copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
























Heading down to the town centre again, there was great photo opportunities. 


copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
















This one is from Rothesay looking back towards Ardbeg and the houses you see climbing the hill over yonder?  Somewhere in the middle is where I was staying.


copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
















Of course, you know you're in Scotland when you see the Gaelic presented.  This is the good ship 'Argyle'... yes that is what that says!!


copyright Yamini Ali MacLean



























...and this is the
Eilean Bhoid.





There is a very fine castle in Rothesay dating from the 1300s


copyright Yamini Ali MacLean

















More on the castle in the Sunday post.



It also has a very fine moat, complete with residents!!

More on them in the Monday post.
copyright Yamini Ali MacLean

5 comments:

  1. Bute is looking most appealing. But I can't help wonder if they really need so many letters in Gaelic words...
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of stones to stack up for that castle. Love the gull taking the topmost perch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would give the castle a miss, to cold to live in but all the rest looks good.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking to my brother Clint about you and the Isle of Bute. After a moment or two of silence at his end, he said, "Oh, yes, here it is. Not far from Glasgow." Clint and I are less than two years apart in age, so we grew up together and, although different in many ways, we both loved looking things up in the encyclopedia, a love which easily translated itself to computers.
    Bute looks wonderful in the photos, and of course the Gaelic is grand.
    Do let me know what you decide, when you decide it.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at the gaelic and trying to pronounce it and if I hadn't scrolled too far down, I might have managed Argyle without any help from you. Might being the main word here! (I travelled a bit in Ireland)

    Have been absent as a commenter for a while, being a little under the weather is to blame. But I love that photo of the Ipswich Christmas tree. Very different, yet very pretty nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏